Request timeout when creating project

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

Hi,

I have installed JIRA 7.3.4 using Oracle database (tried 11 and 12 both).

After installing JIRA successfully, when I try to create a project in JIRA, i get the following error :

"Request timeout when creating project"

This project is actually created in JIRA. Wehn I go to the View all projects page, I am able to see the created project.

However, I see this error each time when I create a project. Can someone help me with this?

request_time_out.png

3 answers

0 votes
Apoorva Sharma October 2, 2022

Hi @Deepanshu Natani ,

Were you able to fix this issue? I have been facing the same issue recently.

If you can tell why your issue was occurring and how you resolved it, it would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Apoorva

0 votes
David Willox April 12, 2017

Your problem isn't identical but is very similar to a problem I've had. It was resolved by updating the available memory to the application in the by adding a command line in the start up script as detailed in this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-crashes-with-java-io-ioexception-map-fail-757468025.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2017

You'll need to start by reading the application log to see what it is doing while trying to create the project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events