Request: skip Invalid and Wont do resolutions from Changelog

Leos Leos June 26, 2016

I am writing a changelog and I ahve to open each issue to verify whether there has been some change. I do not want to report Invalid issues as a change. Can Attlassian provide an optional filter to Changelog page?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

What's the "changelog" page?  (I ask because there's several things you might be looking at here)

Although, I'm not sure a filter is of that much use to users in general - a lot of use like to see issues that have been written off as invalid in software updates.

Leos Leos June 26, 2016

/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11280&version=18987

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

Ah, the release notes. 

They cover everything, unfiltered, and that's accurate and what most users want.  If you want to drop them, then your best bet is to reflect the reality of what you're doing.  Search for all the invalid issues and edit them, removing the fix-version (or changing it to something else)

Leos Leos June 27, 2016

The most persons do not need to be right smile  I understand that a changelog contains a list of changes. Rejected tasks changed nothing so they shall not be included in a changelog.

I do not want to insult anybody, but if some software updates contains them it is just evidence that an author of their changelog did not think.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2016

Atlassian tend to code for the majority of their users, it's not a case of being "right".

I'd say not putting "invalid" things into the release is the best option - you're right about the author of the changelog thinking about it, and the results of that thought should be accuracy - "we didn't do bug X, so we shouldn't include it in the fix version" (ok, not very clean when you're doing Kanban, as that versions everything the same when you release, but it prompts them to think about it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events