Request for new 'Renaming Workflows' section on the Working With Workflows documentation page

Hal West January 7, 2017

I would like to see a section on the Working With Workflows page called, 'Renaming Workflows' - along with the steps required to rename workflows once they are already active.   It's too difficult to connect all the statements about what's required to rename a workflow in the case that you need to add transitions to an Active workflow, and must copy it, then rename it back to its original name after deleting the original workflow, after removing it from all workflow schemes and multiple projects.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2017

That's over-complicating it and not strictly true.

You can rename an "inactive" workflow.  For it to be inactive, you have to dis-associate it from all projects. 

I've no idea where your convoluted process has come from.  You just need to make it inactive first. (which is a bit silly, we should be able to rename active ones too, and I can't think of a good reason why we can't)

0 votes
Hal West January 7, 2017

Thanks, Nic - I'm new at this.  I do think Atlassian could make the workflow-revision process more straightforward and user-friendly.

Suggest an answer