Reports : sprint/burndown do not show completed tickets

Mark Conlin July 1, 2017

In Reporting, for previous Sprints I see no "Completed Issues" in the Sprint or Burndown chart. This is despite the fact that many tickets were completed during the sprint. 

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

My workflow and resolutions:

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 4.13.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-01 at 4.13.30 PM.png

My board setup:

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 4.12.10 PM.png

Sprint Report Example- Notice no "Completed Issues" section. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 4.09.30 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2017

It's the end of your board filter.

A board, and hence its reports, need a filter to define what to look at.  You've told your board to ignore closed issues.  So it can't report on them.

You need to drop all the sprint related stuff in the filter.  JIRA is already trying to handle that for you, you don't need any of it and it's breaking your reports.

Mark Conlin July 11, 2017

that was the trick - thanks!

0 votes
Mark Conlin July 2, 2017

I have done as advised and made sure all boards that view tickets for this project have those status mapped to the last column. 

Could it be my board filter?

project = <ProjectName> AND (assignee not in (<ilst of people to ignore...>) OR assignee is EMPTY) AND (sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints()) OR Sprint is EMPTY OR sprint in (closedSprints()) AND status not in (closed, completed, "sign off")) ORDER BY Rank ASC

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2017

Are there more boards which display those issues?

If that's the case, do all of them have the 'Completed' and 'Sign Off' statuses mapped to the most-right column? This would be a typical cause of story points not being burnt.

Sara Lufrano September 13, 2017

I think the issue I have with my burndown chart is caused by this but it might also be that it isn't taking subtasks into consideration. 

I don't understand how to update or even look at what the burn down chart filters are. Can I get some direction? 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events