Reports And Exported Excels are Different.

Muhammed Fatih İNANÇ January 4, 2016

Hi,

I am a newbie of JIRA Core. I input real data in my account, than I want to checkout reports. When I created a filtered and grouped custom report from Project Pivot Report section, and exported it as Excel, it does not contain the same content with the web page does. Excel really has no group or filtered. Is it something I do wrong, or something to still process by Atlassian?

By the way, my report on the web page which is grouped and filtered is something for grouping subtasks according to parent issues and summing the subtask times in a certein time period.

If anyone can help I will be appriciated. Thank you for your time...

4 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2016

You can define a custom template for the Better Excel Plugin, to bring your data into multi-dimensional Excel pivot tables (and pivot charts like the one below):

jira-pivot-chart.png

There is no built-in JIRA feature for this, and in fact, the built-in Excel export is rather limited.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

There's a specific label for tagging issues related to said plugin.

You can find all available documentation here: http://www.jiratimesheet.com/wiki/Overview.html

If you don't find the answer there, send an email to the developer: azhdanov@gmail.com

0 votes
Muhammed Fatih İNANÇ January 4, 2016

Well, "Project Pivot Report" is one of standart reporting type of the JIRA Core. It returns something like who spend how many times for which issue/sub-task, and when did s/he spend these time in week or month.

It has also some filtering and grouping options. I do want to group sub task according to the parent issue and filtering them for spesific time range. It is successfully done for web interface but when I click the Export Excel option, It dumps excel with no grouping options. Excel contains ungroup time schedule.

I am not sure if it is clear now. I can also add some screenshots if it is still ambiguous.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2016

Nope, it's not. Core doesn't have a project pivot report. I suspect you're using an add-on, but I can't be sure which one, because there's a number that mention pivot reports. Do you mean the Timesheet one that @Ignacio Pulgar suggests?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

The addon's name is JIRA Timesheet Report and Gadgets, and can be found here: https://<your-company>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm#manage/jira-timesheet-plugin Both gadgets are available for free, but there are some other features that require you to buy a license. We use this addon (free version), but had to enable it manually, as it wasn't enabled out of the box.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

You'll need to explain the "project pivot report" bit.  What is the filter behind that, and what does it return?  Then, what do we see in excel?

Suggest an answer