Report to receive New Ticket Notification via Incoming Email Server

Umer Saeed February 24, 2016

Hi all

I have an incoming mail server setup so when you send an email to a particular address, it automatically creates a ticket in a JIRA project.

If that person who sent the email has a JIRA account, it adds them as the Reporter automatically.

This part is fine.

PROBLEM: How can I get that person who sent the email to receive a "New Ticket Created" JIRA notification at the same time?

Because they currently only get updates when the ticket is updated in any way AFTER it was created.

Thanks

2 answers

3 votes
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Have you activated "Notify users of their own changes" option?

Check: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/changing-the-user-default-settings-444107050.html

0 votes
Umer Saeed February 24, 2016

I tried that, it didnt work unfortunately! sad

I have the permission scheme set so that reports get notified when new tickets are created too, but still nothing?

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2017

Did you find a solution? I am also searching for that!

Suggest an answer