Report on how many times an issue has been moved between sprints

Jeff Behl August 24, 2016

Our Ops group does weekly sprints and it's worked fairly well for most of the engineers.  However some are not getting into the swing of things as represented by issues being continuously bumped from one sprint to the next to the next.  

I see individual ticket updates that list all the previous sprints and the new one, but I'd like to somehow report on this.  I think I'm looking a list of open issues in a sprint, sorted by the number of times the issue has been moved between sprints.  There a way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Ovidiu Vasilescu August 26, 2016

JIRA stores this information in the sprint report, not in the issue. The only way it's stored in the issue is if you close the sprint with the unresolved issue inside it and it gets automatically moved to the next sprint / backlog. This way, the issue will have in the agile box a list of all the sprints it's been through:

image2016-8-26 12:8:34.png

If people move the issue from the sprint to the next one before the sprint is closed, you lose this information and you can only find it in the individual Sprint Reports. Maybe you can assign specific permissions not allowing to remove items from the sprint?  I don't know if that is worth it for you.

Jeff Behl August 29, 2016

Thanks Ovidiu - The concern is not issues moved before the sprint is closed, but issues that are still open when the sprint is closed.  I see the list of all the sprints an issue has been through looking at the individual issues, but I would like to report on issues that have been move more than X times.

Gordon Cook November 22, 2016

I would also like to know what sprints the issue has been in, was trying to see if issues had been in my last 3 sprints

sprint = 119 AND sprint in closedSprints()

works fine but I get issues in any of a 10s of last sprints, I want to specify which closed sprints like 

sprint = 119 AND sprint in closedSprints(111, 99, 88)
or
sprint = 119 AND sprint in closedSprints(-3)

but neither seems to change the output

Ovidiu Vasilescu November 22, 2016

Well if you know the list of closed sprints that you want to search through then you don't really need the closedSprints() formula, no? You could just write:

sprint = 119 AND sprint in (111, 99, 88)

Assuming 119 is an open sprint and 111, 99 and 88 are closed sprints, it should show you all issues which are in your open open sprint and were in any of the 3 (now closed) sprints.

Gordon Cook November 22, 2016

Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events