Report - how many transitions were for tickets from status to status per period of time

Pavel Antonenko December 6, 2016

We need to know, how many repetitive transitions were for tickets for defined transition.

For example - how many times tickets from some group were moved from QA to TO DO. If one ticket was moved several times - we should count all transitions.

As I know, all history of transitions is stored in DB, and some plugins use this stat. But in JQL and standard reports I don't see such possibility.

Any thoughts and solutions for Cloud or Server, or pointing to plugins will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

For server, JIRA Misc Custom Fields includes a transition count custom field that might work as the basis of a JQL filter for this. It's free, so could be worth a try.

Sam

Pavel Antonenko December 7, 2016

Thanks for the answer! So I have to add a custom field for an every transition? It will be a lots of fields...

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

It looks like you can specify more than one transition to be counted, using a list.

At least according to the documentation here: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-transitioncountfield 

j-misc-cust-feilds.jpg

Haven't tried it myself though, so can't say for sure if that is the case. Worth a try though.

You could always contact the vendor using the email listed here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/101

Sam 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events