Report Function in Atlassian Tool

Corinna March 2, 2016

Hello, I want to ask any experienced Person in JIRA and Software Development about functions for Reporting to Customer. Our customer wants a report about all implemented Features (functional and non functional) for each version. So the get a quick overview about status of Our project and Development. My question is. Does normal JIRA has enough functionality to support this, or will we need any additional plug in for delivering such a support to Customer. ?! Maybe anyone has enough experience with JIRA and SW Develpment to recommend a good Report structure....Thanks !!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

If you're using fix versions as intended, then JIRA has a basic "release notes" function built into it.  Go to the project's "Releases" tab to get the full list of versions, and then enable it to show the released versions (I seem to remember the default only shows unreleased).  When you select a release, you get quite a pretty picture of it, which is probably what your customers would like to see (but they'd need JIRA access).  More importantly,  there's also a "release notes" link at the top.

It's a bit primitive, giving little more than a list of the issues in a release in text or html, but it's designed to be copied and pasted into other systems.  It's one of the few places that Atlassian documentation suggests you should make code changes to change the output to something better for you (although still unsupported), and I've seen a script that enabled the output to be inserted directly on to a Confluence page for public consumption

Corinna March 3, 2016

ok..thanks is there anywhere a posibility to build up this Versions Report grafically ? so that there is kind of a Pie Chart or something instead of just a simple List ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

There are some gadgets you can drop on to dashboards that tell you about upcoming releases, and the first release page is quite handy.  There are release reports built into Portfolio which give you quite a lot of options, and I suspect there's more on the marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events