Renaming Transition in Agile Board

Anna Sonnleitner October 11, 2016

Hi, 

I recently created a new Status in JIRA. 

It's called Release and it's combined with another status ("Deployable") in the same Agile Board Column. 

When dragging & dropping an issue into the column with the new status it shows as expected 2 sections for 2 different statuses, however both are called Deployable. 

Does anyone know where I might have misnamed the new status? 

Cheers, 

Anna

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2016

The two sections are in a single deployable column, but the names of the two status should be shown when you hover the "card" over the box that represents each status.   It should be in the background of the box - is that not happening?

Anna Sonnleitner October 11, 2016

Not quite. I do see the names in the background however that is exactly where I see Deployable twice instead of Release and Deployable. 

I also tried combining Release with other statuses in other columns and Release keeps being shown as Deployable. (The other ones work fine) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2016

That makes me want to reach for Atlassian support, as it sounds like a bug.  I've not got a Cloud install to check with at the moment, but I would expect the names in the two boxes to be Release and Deployable, as you do.

Your test with using Release in other columns is an excellent test - I'd like to say it's the next thing I would have suggested, but I'm not sure I'd have been that intuitive!  To expand on it though, can you confirm that the status is shown correctly as "Release" everywhere else?  It is only the box text that fails it?  Check issue view, issue navigator and the board's column configuration if possible please?

Suggest an answer