Renaming Transition in Agile Board

Hi, 

I recently created a new Status in JIRA. 

It's called Release and it's combined with another status ("Deployable") in the same Agile Board Column. 

When dragging & dropping an issue into the column with the new status it shows as expected 2 sections for 2 different statuses, however both are called Deployable. 

Does anyone know where I might have misnamed the new status? 

Cheers, 

Anna

1 answer

0 vote

The two sections are in a single deployable column, but the names of the two status should be shown when you hover the "card" over the box that represents each status.   It should be in the background of the box - is that not happening?

Not quite. I do see the names in the background however that is exactly where I see Deployable twice instead of Release and Deployable. 

I also tried combining Release with other statuses in other columns and Release keeps being shown as Deployable. (The other ones work fine) 

That makes me want to reach for Atlassian support, as it sounds like a bug.  I've not got a Cloud install to check with at the moment, but I would expect the names in the two boxes to be Release and Deployable, as you do.

Your test with using Release in other columns is an excellent test - I'd like to say it's the next thing I would have suggested, but I'm not sure I'd have been that intuitive!  To expand on it though, can you confirm that the status is shown correctly as "Release" everywhere else?  It is only the box text that fails it?  Check issue view, issue navigator and the board's column configuration if possible please?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 11 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

34 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you