Remove account from billing code drop down on log work screen

Chris Lalande November 24, 2015

Is it possible to close a tempo account, preventing users from adding additional work-logs to that account, but keep that count available in reporting features?

The use case is a project that over time has multiple funding sources - we want to be able to close out the ones that have been used up, but still be able to report on spend in those accounts.

Tempo accounts has a closed status, but we can't report on it then:

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/ACCOUNTS010/Account+Status

If this isn't currently possible, is there at least a way to control the order that accounts display in the billing code drop down of the log work screen, and/or set a default when users log work?

1 answer

0 votes
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

Hi Chris

It is possible to close an account and then configure so that users are not able to log work to closed accounts. When the account is closed it is still possible to view the timesheet and create reports from the account.

For more information please see: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO0716/Time+Tracking+Permissions+and+Validation

Best regards,

Heiða

Tempo

Chris Lalande December 15, 2015

The issue appears to be that you can't search for a closed Account in the Tempo interface. For example, if I'm in the Account mode, if I type in a closed account name or key, it's not coming up. If I can get to it some other way (e.g. bring up "all accounts") and then click on it, that seems to work. It's also worth noting that in the "Billing Code" column in report mode, instead of showing the account name it shows up as KEY - "Unknown Value" Am I missing some way to navigate to a report on a closed account?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events