Release Planning for multiple Projects in JIRA Portfolio

Henrik Brauer July 13, 2016

We have a product that is the same for all customers, however the change which we do are mostly driven by customer projects respectively customer requirements.  Usually the same epos is important for multiple customer projects and we would like to see the status of all projects in Jira Portfolio when we plan our releases. For example:

Release 1:

Epos 1 Data Export, needed by: CustomerProject1, CustomerProject2

Epos 2 Data Import, needed by: CustomerProject2, CustomerProject3

Release 2:

Epos 3 Data Validation, needed by: CustomerProject3, CustomerProject4

I would like to see that all epics for CustomerProject1 and CustomerProject2 or done in Release 1 and all epics for CustomerProject1 and CustomerProject2 are done in Release 2. Is this a use case that can be done with JIRA Portfolio?

1 answer

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2016

Hi Henrik,

Yes, you can achieve this with cross-project releases. See our docs, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAPortfolioCloud/Creating+and+configuring+cross-project+releases.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Allard 

Cuong Do October 10, 2017

Hi Allard

I try to find "plan" in the instruction but it 's seem missing i think. Can i have a picture of it or so ?

Thanks

Like Witold Rudnicki likes this
chelladurai December 19, 2017

yes, it will be very helpful to find out the solution. I have gone through many of the articles but not getting proper help to acheive the "one release, multiple project". 

David Martin July 19, 2018

Same issue here. Where is the "Plan" menu entry described in the documentation? Is included in Jira by default or is part of a plugin?

Witold Rudnicki January 30, 2019

Any update?

Scott Ehlke December 10, 2019

This is a feature of the Portfolio product, which is $3.50/user/month.   

Suggest an answer