Redundant linking of issues - bug or feature

Johan Lambov June 10, 2016

Two different users can link the same issue in the ticket, cause redundant linking. 

I was wondering is this a bug in JIRA ?

Thanks in advance for your answer! image2016-6-10 14:4:13.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

Johan,

Most probably the links are not duplicated but the Related link type has the same name for both inward and outward links, so what happened is that you have a link from IMA-619 to your issue and a link from your issue to IMA-619. 

JIRA groups all the links based on the link type (and direction) name, so since Related issue link type has the same name/label for both inward and outward links - relates to all the links are grouped in the same section which makes it look like you've got duplicate links.

So the answer is - it's not a bug 

Johan Lambov June 13, 2016

Hey guys, 

I hope you are doing well! smile  Thank you so much, that you are trying to help me! I didn't expect to receive an answer from someone that I know. Great surprise, @Boris Georgiev [Botron] special thanks! wink

My case has been closed! 

Regards,

@Johan Lambov

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

Would you please click "Accept" on the answer, so the question is closed. Thanks

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

Hi Jonan and welcome to Answers!

What version of JIRA are you using?

Can you provide a screenshot of the link action dialog when you type IMA-619 in the Issue field, what does the autocomplete return?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

Hi Johan smile

What's the version of JIRA you're using ?

Did you create these links from the UI or using some kind of script/add-on ?

Suggest an answer