Redundant linking of issues - bug or feature

Two different users can link the same issue in the ticket, cause redundant linking. 

I was wondering is this a bug in JIRA ?

Thanks in advance for your answer! image2016-6-10 14:4:13.png

3 answers

1 accepted

Johan,

Most probably the links are not duplicated but the Related link type has the same name for both inward and outward links, so what happened is that you have a link from IMA-619 to your issue and a link from your issue to IMA-619. 

JIRA groups all the links based on the link type (and direction) name, so since Related issue link type has the same name/label for both inward and outward links - relates to all the links are grouped in the same section which makes it look like you've got duplicate links.

So the answer is - it's not a bug 

Hey guys, 

I hope you are doing well! smile  Thank you so much, that you are trying to help me! I didn't expect to receive an answer from someone that I know. Great surprise, @Boris Georgiev [Botron] special thanks! wink

My case has been closed! 

Regards,

@Johan Lambov

Would you please click "Accept" on the answer, so the question is closed. Thanks

Hi Johan smile

What's the version of JIRA you're using ?

Did you create these links from the UI or using some kind of script/add-on ?

Hi Jonan and welcome to Answers!

What version of JIRA are you using?

Can you provide a screenshot of the link action dialog when you type IMA-619 in the Issue field, what does the autocomplete return?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

47 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot