Recruitment process definition

Marcelo Naistat June 30, 2020

Hi !  I'm considering Jira Core for recruitment process. The example provided in the Business project basics suggest to use issues for each applicant. 

How do you suggest to store candidates resumes in a way that it's easily filterable, searchable? 

Thank you!! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

Hello @Marcelo Naistat welcome to the community. When I have done it, it was one ticket per applicant and your workflow should reflect the different steps of your process. The thing with the CV is that if you attach it to Jira, you won't be able to search within its content. I suggest you have a couple of custom fields that help you identify the CVs you are looking for like location, position, seniority as a few examples

Marcelo Naistat July 1, 2020

Thank you @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group !!

I intend to use it massively, this design will mean a project for each postition and will not give me visibilty of the relationship between candidates and processes. I also expect to have many different skills and technologies combined and a growing number of candidates an positions. Maybe I'll need some development on top of this idea and a ready made SAAS would be easyer. 

Thanks anyway!

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2020

Well I would need bigger visibility to better assist you, I thought it was a simple one but if there are many relations and things are as big as they sound I can't help you much without more detail.

Some advice, try to use Jira software rather than core, the agile boards will be more flexible and will be able to have different views of the same depending different criteria.

Happy to help further if needed

Like # people like this
Marcelo Naistat July 2, 2020

Thank you!! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS