Receive Jira notifications only in channel, not as private message

Jakob Jungmeier July 3, 2019

Hello

Every time when something is happening in Jira, it will appear in two sections. We want to have it in the #jira channel, but it also opens in the app section at the bottom of the side menu as well.

I cannot find a way to disable it. 

Can you help me with that?

jira_channel.pngjira_app.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jakob Jungmeier July 5, 2019

Now I found the solution.
I do not know, why this was not working before, but with "\jira manage" I can unsubscribe to the jira bot. 
I tried this many times before but got always to the connect section of the bot. 

0 votes
Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019

are you on cloud or server? Also what plugin are you using for this integration?

We are using Cloud and the corresponding app.

Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019

not sure about your setup, but each app will have the option for either posting  to a Channel or as the App Bot.  

Well.. I know, I have this situation. 

I do not want to have a private message pop up from the bot and I cannot find any option to turn this off without disabling the whole app for the entire company. 

We only want to have the bot in the channel. At the other slack accounts it is working like this. 

Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2019

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/jira-cloud-for-slack-950819031.html this is what i found in the documentation.  Maybe this can help. 

That's what I found, too. 

There only stands how to turn it on, not how to turn it off. 

Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2019

try adding the bot to the channel maybe thats what is needed:

/jira connect

Sadly that is also not working. It popups in two locations.

In the channel and as personal message in the "Apps"-section

Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2019

oh ... i guess we will to wait for some expert to respond to this :(

Suggest an answer