Reboot causing problems

Martin Ravell September 15, 2017

After suffering a hard reboot my JIRA server (Fedora) comes up but seems to think that the database is empty. i.e. it is asking me the same questions as when I originally installed it a week ago.

Now it is asking for my license key. The Server ID it is showing me is different to the one that I originally used.

Any idea what is going on here? Have I just somehow lost the connection to my original schema? I'd hate to lose all that work of setting up my projects, tasks and sprints.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2017

Were you using an external DB? Or the embedded DB? If it is the embedded DB and there was a crash, you might has lost the data. That is the main disadvanatage of using the embedded in-memory DB. If you lost the data, check if you already have a backup at JIRA_HOME/export folder.

If you were using the external DB, check the DB connection details at JIRA Home folder and make sure the details are correct.

Martin Ravell September 18, 2017

That's a little disappointing. I guess I should have paid a bit more attention during the install.

It never occurred to me that the embedded DB wouldn't be persistent!

Suggest an answer