Reassign bug to same developer every time reopen

Ajay Kumar Bheemireddy March 4, 2016

Hi, 

I have a requirement that every time we reopen the bug or bug moved to open status due to different reasons (code review fail, functional test fail or regression test fail), we want to automatically assign that bug to same developer (user) that been assigned first time. I tried options in post-functions but I didn't find any suitable options that supports my requirement. Some one please help to accomplish this?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016

You could possibly achieve this by using the MISC Workflow Extensions plugin and the

Assign to last role member

following post-function: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions#Post-functions-2-Assigntolastrolemember(newin1.2)(updatedin1.5.1,2.4.1and3.0.1)

Cheers

Ajay Kumar Bheemireddy March 7, 2016

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your answer, using this post function it is possible to assign the ticket to latest assignee but not to the assignee that been assigned earlier. Can you please tell me if there is any other workaround?

Thanks

Ajay

0 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

You can always check the assignee field history and get from it the last assignee. Using post function you can assign it to this user.

Ajay Kumar Bheemireddy March 4, 2016

Thanks Michal for your prompt reply. I didn't completely under stand your answer. I want to automate this. Can you tell which option in post-function I can use for this?

Suggest an answer