Reassign bug to same developer every time reopen

Hi, 

I have a requirement that every time we reopen the bug or bug moved to open status due to different reasons (code review fail, functional test fail or regression test fail), we want to automatically assign that bug to same developer (user) that been assigned first time. I tried options in post-functions but I didn't find any suitable options that supports my requirement. Some one please help to accomplish this?

Thanks

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You can always check the assignee field history and get from it the last assignee. Using post function you can assign it to this user.

Thanks Michal for your prompt reply. I didn't completely under stand your answer. I want to automate this. Can you tell which option in post-function I can use for this?

This widget could not be displayed.

You could possibly achieve this by using the MISC Workflow Extensions plugin and the

Assign to last role member

following post-function: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions#Post-functions-2-Assigntolastrolemember(newin1.2)(updatedin1.5.1,2.4.1and3.0.1)

Cheers

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your answer, using this post function it is possible to assign the ticket to latest assignee but not to the assignee that been assigned earlier. Can you please tell me if there is any other workaround?

Thanks

Ajay

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

206 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you