Quick Subtasks plugin - issue operation menu integration not showing

Hi,

I've installed Quick Subtask 3.4.1 under JIRA 6.3.12.   The sub-task template creation shows up under a project but the issue operation menu with 'Create sub-task' is not there.   Any ideas?

thanks,
Bobbie

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

@Bobbie Rumfola The following conditions must be given that a user is able to see the operation menu item "Create multiple sub-tasks", please ensure if this is given in your environment:

• Sub tasks must be enabled in the configuration
  • Sub task types must be available
  • The selected issue must not be a sub-task
  • The user must be logged in
  • The user must have the permission to create issues in this context

If this did not help, please check if there are specific error messages in your server logs - I have posted a short explaination how to do this here: https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home#markdown-header-debugging-and-logging

If the problem still occurs, please feel free to file a new bug request in the project's issue tracker here:

https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issues

cc @Cheryl Brzezowski

@Micha Kops Do you have any feedback for this question? Thanks!

Hi @Micha Kops,

Thank you for the detailed environment checklist and links.  I realized I didn't have a sub-task defined.  Once I created a sub-task and included it in the issue type scheme the sub-task creation option was available  in the issue type. 

thank you for the help,

Bobbie

CC  @Cheryl Brzezowski

@Bobbie Rumfola You're welcome, I'm glad it's working for you now smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

286 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you