Quick Subtasks plugin - issue operation menu integration not showing

Bobbie Rumfola December 11, 2015

Hi,

I've installed Quick Subtask 3.4.1 under JIRA 6.3.12.   The sub-task template creation shows up under a project but the issue operation menu with 'Create sub-task' is not there.   Any ideas?

thanks,
Bobbie

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

@Bobbie Rumfola The following conditions must be given that a user is able to see the operation menu item "Create multiple sub-tasks", please ensure if this is given in your environment:

• Sub tasks must be enabled in the configuration
  • Sub task types must be available
  • The selected issue must not be a sub-task
  • The user must be logged in
  • The user must have the permission to create issues in this context

If this did not help, please check if there are specific error messages in your server logs - I have posted a short explaination how to do this here: https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/wiki/Home#markdown-header-debugging-and-logging

If the problem still occurs, please feel free to file a new bug request in the project's issue tracker here:

https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issues

cc @Cheryl Brzezowski

0 votes
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2015

@Bobbie Rumfola You're welcome, I'm glad it's working for you now smile

0 votes
Bobbie Rumfola December 28, 2015

Hi @Micha Kops,

Thank you for the detailed environment checklist and links.  I realized I didn't have a sub-task defined.  Once I created a sub-task and included it in the issue type scheme the sub-task creation option was available  in the issue type. 

thank you for the help,

Bobbie

CC  @Cheryl Brzezowski

0 votes
Cheryl Brzezowski December 17, 2015

@Micha Kops Do you have any feedback for this question? Thanks!

Suggest an answer