Quick Filter in Agile Board Not Working (Issues may be hidden by Quick Filters)

I've created a project, GATS for CIS, as below:

image2016-8-27 1:48:43.png

I've set up a quick filter for the newly created project as below:

image2016-8-27 1:47:59.png

However, it says "Issues may be hidden by Quick Filters" when I click the quick filter just created even though there are a few issues under the project.

image2016-8-27 1:47:24.png

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Accepted answer

I am not sure what the problem is here, or what you're asking.  It might be easier to explain the principal in general, rather than wait for you to explain the question.

A board selects a load of issues from your JIRA system.  Have a look at the board configuration, you will find a filter there which will be something like "project = X", or "project in (x, y, z)".  That gives you a pile of issues for the board to work with.

A quick filter performs a more filtering on that list - it removes issues from the board display while it is active, to help you simplify the information in front of you.  My guess is that you have missed the explanation of the quick filter in your screenshot where it says "further filter", and wrongly assumed a quick filter adds to the board.

Thank you for the overall principal. I realized that I should have added the new project to the general filter through BOARD --> Configure --> General and then make changes to the Quick Filters.

It works very well now.

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,467 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you