Quick Filter in Agile Board Not Working (Issues may be hidden by Quick Filters)

Daniel Lee August 26, 2016

I've created a project, GATS for CIS, as below:

image2016-8-27 1:48:43.png

I've set up a quick filter for the newly created project as below:

image2016-8-27 1:47:59.png

However, it says "Issues may be hidden by Quick Filters" when I click the quick filter just created even though there are a few issues under the project.

image2016-8-27 1:47:24.png

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2016

I am not sure what the problem is here, or what you're asking.  It might be easier to explain the principal in general, rather than wait for you to explain the question.

A board selects a load of issues from your JIRA system.  Have a look at the board configuration, you will find a filter there which will be something like "project = X", or "project in (x, y, z)".  That gives you a pile of issues for the board to work with.

A quick filter performs a more filtering on that list - it removes issues from the board display while it is active, to help you simplify the information in front of you.  My guess is that you have missed the explanation of the quick filter in your screenshot where it says "further filter", and wrongly assumed a quick filter adds to the board.

0 votes
Daniel Lee August 27, 2016

Thank you for the overall principal. I realized that I should have added the new project to the general filter through BOARD --> Configure --> General and then make changes to the Quick Filters.

It works very well now.