Question on fields and dashboards

Billy Q October 29, 2015

Hello,

I was adjusting fields in Jira and had a few questions:

1. How can we remove the "Original Estimate" and "Remaining Estimate" fields in Jira? We don't really use them and would like to remove them or hide them. But I'm not finding an option for that.

2. We have a custom field that's required when creating a new issue or subtask. I can remove the field but its still required and won't let me proceed. How can we take off the requirement?

3. We created a few dashboards, shared them and all the filters with everyone, but some users still don't have access to some gadgets. They are given some message about preferences. Not sure how we can fix that for them.

Thanks,
Billy

1 answer

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

Hi Billy,

There are 3 ways to reach point 1.

• Remove permission in your projects permission scheme configuration (Link)
  • Remove timetracking from screens used in project configuration (Link)
  • Disable timetracking in fields configuration of your project configuration (Link)

Question 2

• What do you mean with remove?
  • If you want to disable requirement of the field please refer to the link above at "disable timetracking"

Question 3

• Could it be possible that the filters include some projects they are not able to browse?

Cheers, 
Mario 

Suggest an answer