Question on JIRA board (backlog)

AMIT GULATI January 18, 2018

Hi,

I have created a board based on a filter. On this board, I am able to see the stories but epics of (some of) these stories is not visible in Epic panel, though its visible in Details panel. And if I configure the board to add Epic link to card, I can see the Epic name but its still not visible in Epic Panel.

What could be the possible reason?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2018

Hi Amit,

Have a look if the Epic Status of those epics isn't set to "Done".

Don't be mistaken; Epic Status is not the same thing as the issue status you set through the workflow.

A quick check would be something like:

Project = "your project" AND "Epic Status" = Done

If you see them pop up, that would be your explanation.

To fix this and make your Epics appear on the Epic panel of your board again, you will need to update the Epic Status of those Epics to any other status but Done (To do or In progress). Most likely, you won't have the Epic Status field configured on your screens, so the easiest way to fix this, might be through bulk change.

Create a JQL that selects the Epics you want to change, choose the Edit operation and then choose to update the Epic Status to the desired status:

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 16.27.33.png

Once done, I'd expect to see your Epics appear on you board again.

Suggest an answer