Query two-levels hierarchy in Jira

Natallia Shalakhanava December 16, 2016

Hello,

Can you please help me with Filter query, that is searching for all issues, that belong to the epics, which, in its turn, are children of one specific ticket of type Initiative?  

I can for example find all epics of the initiative with this query "Parent Link" in (initiative_id)" or to find all issues of epic with this query "Epic Link" in (epic_id)", but I don't understand how to put one query into another. It seems that JQL doesn't support such functionality.

Can you please give me some hints for this problem?

Thank you,

Natallia.

3 answers

0 votes
Natallia Shalakhanava March 8, 2017

Hi, just as follow-up, I found a way to query this with ScriptRunner, with the following query: (issueFunction in issuesInEpics(" 'Parent Link' ='InitId' ") OR "Parent Link" =InitId).

It returns all epics of the given Initiative, and also all stories of these epics.

Thanks,

Natallia.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2016

This unfortunately is not avaliable out of the box. JIRA doesn't provide any functions that allow you to search multiple levels at a time. Add-ons like Scriptrunner and JQL tricks do provide this ability however. 

Jaspreet Kaur September 29, 2020

Hello @Steven F Behnke 

can you help me how i can achieve below scenario with scriptrunner

I want to check values of one object which may be directly or indirectly linked to current object.

Eg:

I want to retrieve value of field from "Story" object, and my current object is "Enabler".

1. Direct link: Enabler -->Story

2. Indirect link : Enabler --->Feature--->Story

Please suggest some solution for this problem

0 votes
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2016

have you got script runner installed? google Script Runner issueFunction

Suggest an answer