Query to get active users ,groups from Database

nidhis April 10, 2016

Hi Team,

I require to fetch the details of active users from Database, which belong to different groups. I tried below query:

SELECT u.id AS UserId, user_name, lower_first_name, lower_last_name, parent_id AS GroupId, parent_name AS GroupName FROM cwd_user u LEFT JOIN cwd_membership m ON u.ID=m.child_id where u.active='1' ORDER BY parent_id ;

and

SELECT u.id AS UserId, u.active,user_name, lower_first_name, lower_last_name, parent_id AS GroupId, parent_name AS GroupName FROM cwd_user u LEFT JOIN cwd_membership m ON u.ID=m.child_id ORDER BY parent_id ;

But the result is not showing only active users, it shows active and inactive both,

Can you please help me with exact query?

I raised a query with Atlassian support but they are saying they do not support custom query.

Please suggest.

Nidhi

2 answers

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2016

Yes, the SQL in there is unreadable as well.  Can you tell us what the simple "show us active users" does as compared with "show all users"?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2016

Correct, they do not support any (ab)use of the database.

Your use of "as" confuses the query and I can't read it clearly enough to see what it's doing (I know as is useful, but plain SQL without it is far more readable when you're trying to work out what a query is doing, as it remains more like the way a human would phrase a question)

Select * from cwd_user where active = '1' ;

Should list users who are active.  In the sense that you have not clicked on the "deactivate" option for them in the user management.  Start with that query - does it do what you expect?  The list is shorter than when you use just "select * from cwd_user"?

Suggest an answer