Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Query to find issues which previously belong to a sprint

Dear All,

I am looking to query issues which were previously tagged to a sprint, and now moved to new sprint. Like I had issue ABC-1 which was in sprint 1 (among other issues). I moved this to Sprint 2. How can i write query to find all the issues which got moved from Sprint 1.

Sprint field doesn't support WAS operator. Using Script Runner or any other plugin is not an option.

2 answers

1 vote

Hello @Ashish Sharma

You can achieve your requirement easily using this JQL query (no need of plugin)

Sprint in closedSprints() and (Sprint in openSprints() or Sprint in futureSprints()) and type not in (Sub-task)

Here you get issues which had sprint field in closedSprints() i..e old sprints and are also present in the open or future sprints  which means issues have been part of earlier closed sprints and are now part of active/future sprints. 

You can add criteria like Project = ABC etc to further filter your search results.

Hi @Tarun Sapra, Perheps I was not clear enough. I am afraid this query won't work because:

Issue was moved to Next/Future sprint BEFORE the current sprint was completed hence such issues will not be part of the result set returned by query "Sprint in closedSprints()".

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ashish

Then I would suggest you to try the JQL functions which are part of the ScriptRunner plugin

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_agile

addedAfterSprintStart

removedAfterSprintStart

nextSprint

These might come in handy since you have removed your issue from the current "started" sprint and moved to next sprint thus above JQL functions should give you the right results. But since you have shared that ScriptRunner is not an option then I don't think you can achieve what you want. 

:(

There should be a "WAS" operator for "Sprint" field also.

Like Filip Pokorny likes this
Tarun Sapra Community Leader Aug 16, 2018

Actually was operator is not required because we have "closedSprint()" which does the job well, but in your case it's a specific scenario wherein you have taken the issue out of an open/active sprint hence closedSprint() is not working for you. So i feel a plugin is  a way to go for this as Atlassian can't always prioritize such edge case requests.

try this

issueFunction in removedAfterSprintStart("Sample Scrum Board", "Sample Sprint 3")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,934 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you