Pull metrics from JIRA

Krithica Gowri Shankar September 8, 2017

Can anyone let me know how can i pull the below metrics from JIRA into dashboard gadget?
-        Responsiveness in assigning new projects (within 24 hrs)
-        Quality (pulling # of rounds of revisions)
-        Actual date to complete a project versus actual date to close a job

Thanks,
Krithica

1 answer

1 vote
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Krithica,

It depends on your implementation.

Do you have specific custom fields to track this information?

Which action determines the assigning? it is when the first assignee is set?

Do you have a pair of field to save the original and final date of the project?

Krithica Gowri Shankar September 11, 2017

I need the difference between the dates when the issue is marked as "Done" and issue is marked as closed.

What’s happening right now is an issue will be done, but will not be closed for quite some time and that is what we’re trying to measure. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2017

You need to be a bit more clear on answering Gaston's questions.  How are you marking done and closed?  Do you have specific custom fields for tracking?  What action determings the assigning? etc.

Krithica Gowri Shankar September 12, 2017

Sorry for not being clear.

We do not have custom fields for tracking it. We just have 2 status "Done" and "Closed" in the issue workflow. How can i measure the time taken from done to closed status of the issue and display it in the dashboard gadget.

Thank you,

Krithica

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2019

Hello @Krithica Gowri Shankar 

You can measure the time taken from "Done" to "Closed" status of the issue with the add-on Time in status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet.

This plugin automatically brings to users such information as:

- time spent on each status

- average time issues spent in statuses

- time that a particular assignee was assigned to each issue

- time when every issue entered to each of the statuses for the first time

- status and transition count report,

To analyze the report up close with all the intrinsic data, you can export it as XLS or CSV files. Also, you can view all reports as charts (Pie, Bar and Area Charts) and export them too.

Suggest an answer