Proper Portfolio Setup to Automatically Bring in Existing Story Estimates

Alex Yakubenko September 25, 2017

I'm just getting started with Portfolio which looks fantastic. We have a large number of tickets with existing estimates already set in existing Sprints. 

But when I pull the issues into Portfolio (I've tried setting source as Boards, Projects and Filter), the estimates column does not bring in the existing estimates.  

If I have to manually enter all estimates again I will, but before I do I was hoping there would be a setting I'm just missing. 

I cannot drag and drop to reorder either ... so I'm thinking I must have something not configured correctly.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi @AL,

If you use boards as the source type, you should get the estimation type set correctly automatically. Are you including multiple sources? Perhaps try with just one first and see if that works the way you expect it to. 

Also, as you're getting started with Portfolio for Jira, have a look at our intro video if you haven't yet.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LexaHkZls3g

Cheers,
Allard

Alex Yakubenko September 26, 2017

Thanks, Allard! Looks like adding a single source did the trick.  Really looking forward to Portfolio.

Suggest an answer