Project list - add new custom specific field

Juliane Di Lascio January 7, 2016

If I open the project list in JIRA about "View all projects" I can see all projects with pre defined values. (Project / Key / Project Lead / Project Category / URL)

I want to create a new field for a project-relevant information.

I don't want to see this information in the project dependend issues. I only need this information in this list (and if possible in the project detail screen).

I searched already for plugins. So we installed the Metadata plugin, but this does not support our requirement.

What can I do for getting such new field?

If we have to write a plugin for it - does anybody already created a new field and can tell me how to do?

2 answers

0 votes
Juliane Di Lascio January 7, 2016

This plugin is too expensive for us. So I am searching for another solution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Mmm, I don't think I've seen any competitors for it, but your luck on the marketplace may be better than mine! If you can't then you'll have to judge the cost of writing something similar (probably only worth it if you have more simple requirements and Profields is overkill for what you want)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

You do need an add-on, as there are no project custom fields.

Before starting any code though, check out the "Project fields" add-on.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.profields/server/overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events