Project added to a Custom Field Configuration Scheme

Pedro Felgueiras Community Champion Jun 01, 2016

When a project is added to a new Custom Field Configuration Scheme what happens to the custom field option.

If I have 2 config schema with the same option, when i add a project to the new config schema what happens to the customFieldOption id? 

For what I can check it doesn't change the id to the the new config schema option id. The problem is when you try to make a pie chart, it will show the options more then one time. 

Is this the normal behavior? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Nothing.

You don't really "add a project to a scheme".  Schemes are groups of settings that you apply to a project.  They don't change just because you use them on a project, they tell the project how to behave.

Your reporting in the pie chart is simply listing what you have in the field.  If you're using the scheme for a new project, then it simply includes the data that you've now been able to add to the issues in the project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,174 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot