Project added to a Custom Field Configuration Scheme

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

When a project is added to a new Custom Field Configuration Scheme what happens to the custom field option.

If I have 2 config schema with the same option, when i add a project to the new config schema what happens to the customFieldOption id? 

For what I can check it doesn't change the id to the the new config schema option id. The problem is when you try to make a pie chart, it will show the options more then one time. 

Is this the normal behavior? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2016

Nothing.

You don't really "add a project to a scheme".  Schemes are groups of settings that you apply to a project.  They don't change just because you use them on a project, they tell the project how to behave.

Your reporting in the pie chart is simply listing what you have in the field.  If you're using the scheme for a new project, then it simply includes the data that you've now been able to add to the issues in the project.

Suggest an answer