Project Management Core Board - Status in wrong order

Deleted user May 31, 2016

I created a new project using the Project Management type , with a new workflow.  I have a simple workflow.

To Do, Kick-Off, Concept, Reviewing,Revising, Final Review,  Complete.   I have transitions from 1 to the other with the only exception issues can go from  Final Review back to Revising.  

When I go to the Board the issues are listed in the following order:

To Do, Reviewing, Kick-Off, Concept, Revising, Final Review. Complete.  

How do I move the Reviewing Stage on the Board between Concept and Revising?  I can't find an option to reorder the board columns.  Do I need to remove the workflow and recreate?  Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Irene
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2016

Hi Wendy,

JIRA Core Board now allow the column to be re-ordered, directly on the board itself.

If you are an admin, click and hold the column title, and drag it to the desired position.

Regards,

Irene Ongkowidjaja
Product Manager - JIRA Core 

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Hi Wendy,

are you trying to manage the lifecycle of a JIRA Project?

Deleted user June 2, 2016

Yes I am when I created the project I selected Project Management and I tried Process management.  

The workflow is very simply - however the columns on the board are not ordered according to the workflow.    I have tried deleting and recreating.  I have looked at the order of the status by Status ID.  And now I am out of ideas wink

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

Hi Wendy,

I think you have conceptual misunderstanding - JIRA is a issue tracker so it tracks issues organized as projects and the workflow is for the Issues not for the Projects - they are simply containers for the issues.

So if you want to track the life cycle of the project itself there isn't out-of-the-box functionality in JIRA. Recently developed add-on for JIRA - Cycle Control does exactly that - enables you to define and track the life-cycle of the whole project or group of projects.

Let me know if that looks like what you need and we can continue the conversation in more details.

Cheers,

Peter T

Deleted user June 3, 2016

Actually I am trying to manage the lifecycle of an issue.   Specifically this is Project is for managing creative service issues.   An issue goes through 5 stages 

To Do

Kick-Off

Concept

Revising,

Final Review.

Complete.  

At each status I want to drag and drop each issue from 1 stage to the next and at any time I want to look at the board and see which status an issue is assigned. 

Above is the order I would like to see the columns on the board as I typically move issues in that order.  The only exception is that if an issues is in Final Review I can move it back to Revising or to Completed. 

The board has all issues in the correct order except for 1 it keeps showing up out of order on the board. Even thought I have built 1 way transitions between each stage.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2016
  1. Go to the board.
  2. click on Board button (top-right corner) and then Configure
  3. click Columns option
  4. drag&drop the desired column to the position you want
Deleted user June 1, 2016

When I select the project I get a left hand menu with

Summary, Board, Issues, Reports.   I select Board.. when I do the only thing in the top right corner is Give feedback. 

On the Top Menu I see Dashboard, Projects, Issues, Boards.  If I select Boards this is one is not in there.  

This is a built in board for Project Management projects.   Any other suggestions.   Thanks so much! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events