Project Due date

Piotr Malinowski August 6, 2020

Hi Guys 

Is there a way to set the project due date in Jira Core?

I can see the due date for individual tasks and subtasks but not for the whole project.

Also, on the same topic, what is the sorting logic in project name column, if there is no way to add due date to a project can I encode due date to name string and sort it that way.

Really I'm looking for sorting projects in due date top/down in "all projects" tab.

2 answers

0 votes
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2020

Hi @Piotr Malinowski 

There is an option to include fields to project level using Profields:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210816/profields-jira-project-tracking?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Track, categorize and make decisions through different views. Create new properties to follow up on your project status, due dates, people involved and much more!.​

Also, You will be able to order your projects by Due Date or any other field.

I hope this helps you!

Leo

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Hi @Piotr Malinowski 

There isn't a project-level field for Due Date.

You could control due dates a few other ways - for example...

• Look for the latest due date in all issues in a project or...
  • Have issues below an Epic, which holds a due date or...
  • Have releases with an end date, which is the due date for completion

However, the "All Projects" page could not use these values to order it - your options are limited to the current project fields - so for example, you can order by project name A-Z or Z-A by clicking on the "Name" in the title row.

----------------

This is a workaround - but one option would be:

1. Go to Jira Settings > Projects > Project Categories
  2. Create a Category - with a numeric identifier at the start, and then a due date - such as "1 - 29/08/2020"
  3. Repeat this process, creating more categories with due dates in sequential order - the earliest due date having the highest numeric identifier
  4. Once created, go into each project via Project Settings > Details
  5. Change the category to match the due date

^ On the "All Projects" page this would allow you can order by Category - and the sequential number would put it in the correct order.

It's not ideal because you can't use category for something else, and any additional dates inbetween the earliest and latest date would require a rework of all other sequential numbers - but it is an option :)

You can also search by Category in Issue Search.

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events