Problems with making resolution required

Tom Lamphier September 15, 2016

Hi All,

I have a simple workflow I've created (To do, In Progress, Done), an issue can move anywhere on the workflow.  Resolution though is not required in my workflow and I want it to be.  So I created a transition that triggers the  Resolution screen and all was well, sort of... Now on my board when a ticket is being moved to the "Done" column, there are two sections of done I can drop the ticket into.  How do I make any ticket that moves to done trigger the resolution screen?

Thanks for you time everyone.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016
  1. Make a screen with the Resolution field 
  2. Assign the screen to any transition moving into the statuses in the Done column

If you could show a screenshot of how this isn't working, we might be able to help more! smile

Tom Lamphier September 15, 2016

done.jpg

Of course, I should've added a screenshot initially. This is a screen shot of a ticket moving to Done.  The Blue area is the state in the workflow and the green is the name of the transition.

Thanks for your help.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

Both Done and In Progress to Done are transitions. You have two transitions mapped to the DONE column.

You either need to delete the extra transition or you need to add the appropriate screen to both transitions.

Suggest an answer