Problem with invite user

Anton Rumyantsev August 15, 2017

Hi, when i want to add user, after write users email i have this error 500.
Sorry for my English.
I need Help!

Referer URL: http://185.65.139.55:8080/secure/admin/user/InviteUser!default.jspa
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy1539.addInvitation(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.inviteuser.InvitationManagerImpl.sendInvitation(InvitationManagerImpl.java:55) [?:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.inviteuser.InvitationServiceImpl.sendInvitation(InvitationServiceImpl.java:76) [?:?]
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:784) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.6]
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.6]
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:802) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.6]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1410) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.6]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.6]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_102]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) [tomcat-util.jar:8.5.6]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_102]... 281 more

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Realizing this question is a bit old, I wanted to follow up to make sure anyone encountering from search found a satisfactory answer.

While it's not 100% clear from the posted logs (the telltale lines would be farther down the error page), the problem here with inviting users is likely the sql_mode setting in MySQL. More details are in this other Community question, but I've copied the resolution here:

This can be resolved by following the steps outlined in this KB article to set the correct sql_mode value in MySQL.

For other databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, etc), I would recommend checking the setup guides for connecting Jira to the appropriate DBMS version:

Connecting Jira Applications to a Database  

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi Anton,

If you create the users and send them an invite email does it work?

The stack trace you provided appears to be incomplete.  In most situations the stack trace will be really long and you'll see something such as the following in there:

Caused by: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library:
Database:

name:Microsoft SQL Server
    version:10.50.6000
    minor version:50
    major version:10
    Driver:
    name:jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase
    version:1.3.1

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ID', table 'JIRA_IBEX.dbo.AO_97EDAB_USERINVITATION'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

If you do see a section such as that one paste it here and we'll go from there. 

Additionally you can also paste the entire stack trace into a text message, remove any publicly identifiable information and add the text file as an attachment.

Cheers,

Branden

Anton Rumyantsev August 17, 2017

If you create the users and send them an invite email does it work?

It's work.

Full stack trace here http://dropmefiles.com/rwka4 

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer