Problem Creating a Project

perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com July 25, 2017

Hello - 

I have just signed up for the full (10 users) version of JIRA Core. At the moment I am receiving an "unknown error" message when trying to create a project. 

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.20.43 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Hi Brandon,

I would start by reviewing the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log.  Reproduce the issue and see what the logs have to say around that time.  There is a knowledge base article titled "hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error" that may be of assistance in this matter.  It provides a number of reasons this issue can occur including collation issues, duplicate issue types, etc.

If the information in that article does not help, look for clues around the time you reproduced the issue.  As an example you may see an error that states "Created with no associated contexts".  If you do see that you will need to refer to the Created with no associated contexts error when trying to create projects in JIRA knowledge base article for a fix.

If the initial article does not help and you're unable to identify the cause from the logs please don't hesitate to post the snippet from the logs at the time when you reproduced the issue and we'll take a look.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer