Priority field appears when not included in Screen or Issue Type Screen Scheme

Donell Peters January 26, 2016

The Priority field is not present on the Field Screen for the Issue Type I created.  However, It does appear in the Field Configuration.  I am trying to find a way to let it appear for existing issues, but not be added when I create new issues, because eventually we want to turn off the Priority field.  

I have applied a new Issue Type scheme, Workflow, Screen Scheme, and Field Scheme to an existing project that was already using the Priority field, so I can't Hide it in the Field Scheme or existing data will not be available.

Is there a solution?

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

Short answer: No, you can't have a subset of issues from the same issue type have a different screen and field configurations.

Workaround: You could create another issue type to use with these "old" issues. Give it any name makes sense to you. With this issue type, use a Screen Scheme and Field Configuration that has Priority. To prevent users from creating new issues using that old issue type, make it use a custom workflow where the Validator for creating issues can't be met by regular users, like having Administer Projects permission.

Suggest an answer