Prevent jira from assigning done resolution

Diego R_ July 13, 2016

Whenever I move a card to a certain column it applies the "Done" resolution. Where do configure that action? I've checked literally eveywhere and couldn't find anything related to that.

Edit: renamed title from 'status' to 'resolution'

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

Please do not mix up Status and resolution - they are two very different things.

The resolution is set as part of the workflow.  If you are using a simplified workflow, then look at the board configuration - there's a flag for each column.

If you're not using the simplified workflow, then you'll need to edit the workflow and look at the post functions and screens as you go into the status that is in the columns.

However, it is critical that you set the resolution to something (wether it's "done" or something else doesn't matter) when you "close" an issue, don't mess that up.

Diego R_ July 13, 2016

The workflow I'm using is named "Copy of simplified workflow" and the workflow scheme is called "simplified workflow scheme"

I went to configure board columns and the column in question has a small yellow label called 'delivery uat'.

Does that help? (I'm guessing that yellow label is the status?)

Sorry about the resolution/status confusion, I've edited the post title.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

Ok, yes, you'll need to edit that "copy of" workflow and look at the transitions that go into "delivery uat" - it will have a "post function" on it that sets the resolution.  Change it to set another resolution, or remove it completely to stop it setting a resolution.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2016

I think there is code in Agile that will recreate the Done resolution for Simplified Workflows so you may have to explicitly set the resolution in a post function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events