Prevent issue from getting deleted at a certain status?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2016

Hi,

I know I can removed the delete issue permission for the project, but instead there is a requirement to prevent deletion of an specific issueType after a certain status of workflow (after it has been approved) thus is there a way to prevent it? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2016

Use workflow properties to remove the delete permission on status - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2016

Hi Nic, 

In the workflow permission I only see the editable issue permission - jira.issue.editable , I guess that should do the trick. But I dn't want the issue to be "non-editable" just non-deletable.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2016

It's the line below - jira.permission.*  - that can be used to remove the delete permission while the issue is in that status.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2016

ohk, got it. thanks. In the docs they have only mentioned the types against jira.permission.* i..e users/groups/roles thus got missed. But this blog link helped. http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2016

Strongly advise not allowing delete at any status. It will come back to bite you. The forum is full of folks asking how to get issues back.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2016

Devs create al sorts of sub-tasks which sometimes make no-sense and thus there is a need to sometimes delete some issues.

Suggest an answer