Prevent Search for Issues from returning all issues

BrianB January 9, 2017

We have nearly a half million issues in our instance. How can we prevent the complete list from returning when a user clicks "Search for Issues?"

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

What version of JIRA are you on?

BrianB January 9, 2017

Previously I added this to properties file:

jira.search.views.default.max = 2000 jira.search.views.max.limit = 2000

But It still returns all

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

Hmm, I seem to remember that's not a problem on 6.1.  Why are you trying to shorten it?

BrianB January 9, 2017

The response time to retrieve all the issues is excessive. I also suspect it may be impacting performance when many users are searching for issues at the same time

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2017

Yes, that's what I thought 6.1 fixed.  Must be 6.2 or 6.3 then.

There's no way to restrict it in 6.1 without hacking the navigator code.  If you upgrade, you'll find it still searches everything, but it only loads the first page, so there's no performance hit.

Suggest an answer