Presenting Issue collector data in dashboard

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

When you use default issue collector template "Got feedback?", it has certain fields like (checkbox) Rating this page (Awesome, Good, Meh, Bad, Horrible), what do you like?, What needs to be improved?, Name etc. When feedback is submitted, a corresponding issue will be created and all this information is mapped to Description field. The problem is now to visualize this data in some dashboard gadget. Since data is in description field, difficult to categorize issues with feedback say Awesome, Good or Bad. 

I would like to know if any way where we can present this Issue collector data on dashboard?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2017

You need to start by defining what you're trying to measure, then how you want to capture that information in JIRA.

A "pie chart for a KPI" might be possible, but there's nothing in that sentence to define how you're going to do it.  (A similar phrase - "I want to go to Birmingham" - you have no idea how I might get there, or where I am starting from, which may restrict the "how")

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2017

Sorry for the bad explanation.. Trying to elaborate it more as below..

When you use default issue collector template "Got feedback?", it has certain fields like checkbox Rating this page (Awesome, Good, Meh, Bad, Horrible), what do you like?, What needs to be improved?, Name etc. When feedback is submitted, a corresponding issue will be created and all this information is mapped to Description field. The problem is now to visualize this data in some dashboard gadget. Since data is in description field, difficult to categorize issues with feedback say Awesome, Good or Bad. 

I would like to know if any way where we can present this Issue collector data on dashboard?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2017

That fills in all the bits I was missing, thank you!

Where are you currently reporting the values of these fields?  Do they end up on the issues?

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2017

Yes, they end up into Tasks with Description filled with information filled in the Feedback form. As shown below

image2017-3-17 8:53:18.png

Feedback form looks like this.. This is default template in JIRA Issue collector.

image2017-3-17 8:52:26.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events