Post script on create to set due date

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

I would like to set a due date on create from a post function however I can not get this to work.

The issue is created via email into the system so I tried to add a post function to set the due date to current date.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

There are two possible troublems:

1. Any postfunction to modify a created issue must follow the function that creates issue (by default this is a first postfunction in a list)
  2. There are error into update issue postfunction. In this case try this to speed up development: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32982259

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2015

Let's specify the trouble. 

1. Does this post-function works? Try to test this post function on some transition exept creation to make sure
  2. Does this postfunction works on creation. Try to make sure for standart creation
  3. Does this postfunction works via email creation?

0 votes
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2015

This is what I tried so far:

I created a post function on Create called Update parameters of the opy value from other field function for this transition.

Source filed = Created and Destination filed = Due Date Option copy with same issue.

In to post function list I have placed it from 1st in list to bottom of list and ever spot in between and it in not coping the created date into the due date.

1 Created the issue originally

2. Re-index and issue to keep indexes in sync with database

3. Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners

4 (my post function)

Suggest an answer