Post function to execute transition hidden from user

David Swain September 27, 2016

I have several JMWE post functions that execute transitions on an issue. Some of these transitions are not of interest to the users (eg I have one that fires an event for a notification and adds a comment) and loop back to the same status. To avoid showing these to the users I have had the "hide from user" condition enabled. That was all working until relatively recently when post functions stopped being able to trigger hidden transitions. If I remove the "hide from user" condition it all works fine, but my users (bless them) get confused by the extra buttons.

I can solve some cases by introducing extra statuses and changing my loopy transitions to just take the issue out of the useless transition, but not all. How can I get transitions to hide from users but be accessible to the post functions as they were before?

The JMWE vendor has created https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-1059 to try to get this dealt with, but I'd like to speed the process if at all possible. I don't know a better way to contact Atlassian as I don't have access to our support licence details. Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

Let me clarify the same again. While moving from A-> B state, it returns automatically to A using postfunction in A->B transition. Now, if the user gets a chance to go to B by other ways, he gets confused by seeing the state transition to A, which is not a valid one.

I hope that you have used this below condition in the workflow transition from B

image2016-9-28 13:25:34.png

If my understanding is right, then you can use a Simple Scripted Condition in B Workflow transition (instead for Hide transition from user) and add your condition there.

For example, I will introduce a new hidden field to store the workflow status before a transition happens. So it will have previous status. Using this simple scripted condition i'll add a condition to check ('my previous state' equals 'A').Then, the state will be hidden for other transitions other than moved from A->B. You can use better conditions from your needs.

Suggest an answer