Post Function Transition in Workflow - setting future date

Deleted user December 5, 2017

I have seen some similar questions; however, my team acquired Jira Core Cloud for email marketing. This ultimately means that I DO NOT understand code and have been teaching myself, as a PM, to customize Jira as our PM tool. 

How do I set a post-function issue custom field that contains a date? I know how to set it to the current date but I need it to reset to the next 24 hours (next day, no specific time). Below is what appears on the page where I am trying to execute this step, I don't want the current date. 

"You may use '%%CURRENT_DATETIME%%', which will be replaced by the date and time of execution of the transition."

I have a new process presentation tomorrow. Can someone help? Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi Sonya,

I am afraid that the custom field update post function in Jira Cloud is only able to set the current date/time.   There currently is not a way to do this within the native code/product itself.

However you can likely use a number of different plugins in Jira that could help with this.    For example the Jira Misc Workflow Extensions should be able to allow you to dynamically set a date like this one day in the future when executing this post function.  There are a number of examples of similar changes that can be made with this plugin in JMWE for Jira Cloud - Use cases for the post-functions.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Deleted user December 7, 2017

Andy, I will look into these options! I will be posting a couple more questions, soon.

I have been working through this program on my own and have no support, so thank you very much for your feedback!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events