Possible to reorder columns in Portfolio (specifically, Reports)?

Samee Rafiuddin March 7, 2017

I'm trying to reorder the column display (header row) of the Portfolio Scope Report. I've tried dragging, holding to enable dragging, checking configurations, etc. and nothing.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 9.56.14 AM.png

Is there any way to do this??

Thank you in advance

8 answers

6 votes
Shlomi Perets May 31, 2018

Joining this request, I wan to reorder the columns so i will decide what is important to me to see first and what columns will be visible after a short scroll.
I was surprised the plugin doesn't supports that already.

Thanks.

Troy Cope February 27, 2019

Agree... it would be nice to have that drag and drop functionality. :)

2 votes
Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2017

Hi Samee, 

It's currently not possible to re-order the column display of the scope table.

However, you can use the scope table configuration menu to manage the columns you would like to see and the ones you would like to hide from view, if you are trying to make the report a bit easier to visually consume. 

You can also download the scope table report as a csv file by choosing 'Export' and manipulate the data as necessary. 

May I ask what the problem is you are trying to solve by re-ordering the columns?

Thanks,
Bree 

1 vote
Greg Young October 17, 2018

We would like to see this be implemented as well.  Showing/hiding fields is good, but we want to be able to re-order them as well.

1 vote
Chris_Leonard August 20, 2018

Same issue as Shlomi and Timothy Lee. Need to include fields not currently available in the menu. Is this on Atlassian's roadmap for this product? 

1 vote
Ellen Runyon August 18, 2018

In the Story view of the Scope, I would like to see the Epic Name right next to it.  I was surprised that you couldn't just move it over like other reports. 

1 vote
Samee Rafiuddin March 8, 2017

Hi Bree,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've utilized the config menu to show/hide the necessary columns, but it is still preferential to reorder the columns, as applicable to the user. Particularly in this case, a director has senior stakeholder meetings and wishes to show data in a certain 'flow'.

I'm currently exporting the report, as a workaround, but am encountering the two below issues:

1. This is a manual export and will not remain current/live, as the report does. This is an issue when there is high-visibility on this Portfolio plan
    1. I've downloaded and exported to Confluence, utilizing a macro to display
  2. There are useful fields in the export that are not available in the report view (via config menu)
    1. The Report view should have the same options available to display as the export

Thank you

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2017

Hi Samee, 

Thanks for your response and feedback. Regarding your point about the fields that are useful to you but are not currently visible via the config menu, which are these?

Cheers,
Bree 

Timothy Lee February 21, 2018

I agree Samee, we should be able to order these however we want to be useful.  We have a custom field called "initiative owner" that I want to display next to the title for example.

Chris_Leonard August 20, 2018

The interest is in custom fields for us too.

0 votes
Kevin Heiner February 6, 2019

Please up vote the feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-497

Thank you to for the workarounds, and the above story is to add the functionality.

0 votes
Ravi Kumar November 12, 2018

Hi Bree Davis,

Can we add the column "Assignee" with respect to the Parent and Dependency at Dependencies tab in Reports section of Portfolio plug-in ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events