Possible to reorder columns in Portfolio (specifically, Reports)?

I'm trying to reorder the column display (header row) of the Portfolio Scope Report. I've tried dragging, holding to enable dragging, checking configurations, etc. and nothing.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 9.56.14 AM.png

Is there any way to do this??

Thank you in advance

2 answers

1 votes
Bree Davies Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2017

Hi Samee, 

It's currently not possible to re-order the column display of the scope table.

However, you can use the scope table configuration menu to manage the columns you would like to see and the ones you would like to hide from view, if you are trying to make the report a bit easier to visually consume. 

You can also download the scope table report as a csv file by choosing 'Export' and manipulate the data as necessary. 

May I ask what the problem is you are trying to solve by re-ordering the columns?

Thanks,
Bree 

Hi Bree,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've utilized the config menu to show/hide the necessary columns, but it is still preferential to reorder the columns, as applicable to the user. Particularly in this case, a director has senior stakeholder meetings and wishes to show data in a certain 'flow'.

I'm currently exporting the report, as a workaround, but am encountering the two below issues:

1. This is a manual export and will not remain current/live, as the report does. This is an issue when there is high-visibility on this Portfolio plan
    1. I've downloaded and exported to Confluence, utilizing a macro to display
  2. There are useful fields in the export that are not available in the report view (via config menu)
    1. The Report view should have the same options available to display as the export

Thank you

Bree Davies Atlassian Team Mar 12, 2017

Hi Samee, 

Thanks for your response and feedback. Regarding your point about the fields that are useful to you but are not currently visible via the config menu, which are these?

Cheers,
Bree 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

523 views 1 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot