Possibility to upgrade from Jira Agile 6.2 to 7.1

Asaf Kivity March 20, 2016

Hello,

We have come across many issues upgrading JIRA agile 6.2 to 7.1. The question is if this migration path, to a different server (on prem) is actually supported at all.

Thanks!

Asaf

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2016

Yes, it is supported, but if you're struggling, I'd recommend taking smaller steps - get it to Agile 6.7 first, then make the smaller jump from Agile to Software.

0 votes
Asaf Kivity March 27, 2016

Thanks!

Went through 6.1.4 and it seem to work better for us.

0 votes
Asaf Kivity March 20, 2016

Thanks Nic,

I just realized we are trying to make two things, 

1. Migrate to a new server
  2. Upgrade to later version

Would it be better for us to do it in two steps, i.e. migrate to a new server running 6.2 and then upgrade to 7.1? What do you think?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2016

It depends on your business plans.

Moving it has the huge advantage that if something goes wrong during the plan, you can just go back to using the old system (because it's less a move than a "copy it to new place").  But if your business needs very short outages on the system, then you'll probably want to do it in several steps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events