Possibility to hide the Linked Issue

YM November 6, 2015

Hello Team,

We have Requirement to Hide an an Issue Linked to the Other Issue.

Eg:I have Issue with Key EG-1 Linked to EG-2, can I hide EG-1 to make it invisible which is linked to EG-2.

Thanks,

Yogashree.M

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2015

Doesn't make a lot of sense to link an issue, and then hide the link.  Might as well not bother linking it.

If the user can't see the issue at the other end of the link, it does make sense to hide the link (in fact, you need to, to avoid leaking data), and JIRA already does that.

1 vote
Johannes Rudolf April 24, 2019

Under different circumstances it would make sense.

Lets say you're using issue matrix in order to see not only the current status and instead also specific values in related issues without the demand to check every related issue manually (which quickly can become a bunch of issues). Out of the box - as far as I know - that is impossible.

However, given that we're now having a couple of lists of related issues. The default one and the far more saying issue matrix section. I think the default one is obsolete then, isn't it? At this point, however, our customer (who is not yet really familiar with Jira) would be confused.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

No. This feature does not exist in JIRA. Issue visibility is linked to Issue Permissions.

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

Does user have privileges to see both linked issues?

Suggest an answer