Portfolio project limit

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 31, 2016

We are trying to setup a live plan with about 300 projects but we run into a portfolio imposed limit

image2016-6-1 10:42:55.png

Your current selection connects to too many projects for the plan to load correctly. Refine your selection to connect to fewer projects.

We are using a filter which returns issues from 2 different projects...

4 answers

2 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2016

Hi,

The maximum amount of projects you can source into your Portfolio plan is 100.

Muggie van Staden September 22, 2016

Hi Rhys,

Are there any plans to increase these limits?  Large organisations are not going to be able to limit themselves to such a low amount.

Thanks

Jason Wyckoff September 22, 2016

Ryhs - 

I think there is a bug.  

I have two filters:

Filter A:

"NFIB Boards" = P1 AND Archived is EMPTY AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes()) AND project not in ("Products - All Other", "Production Processes Product", "netFORUM Custom NFIB-Owned - netFORUM Database", "netFORUM Custom NFIB-Owned - Reports") ORDER BY Rank

Filter B:

"NFIB Boards" = P1 AND Archived is EMPTY AND issuetype not in ("User Story", Sub-task, "Dev Task") ORDER BY Rank ASC

--

Both Filters pull back similar numbers of issue (though not identical), but I have confirmed both have a unique project count of 33.  

JIRA Portfolio tells me too many projects with Filter A.

JIRA Portfolio DOES NOT tell me too many projects with Filter B.

Mark Adams December 6, 2016

Hi, there definitely is a bug here as I have projects limited to only 4 or 5 projects, and am still getting this error

Nicole Downes December 11, 2016

I have only 36 project loaded, and I need double this to reflect the program.  Please investigate this issue if 100 should be allowed. Several of the projects have 000's of issues.  Could that be the problem?

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2016

Hey Mark & Nicole - (unsure why I can't @mention Nicole)

Are you positive you're receiving the project limit warning message?
We also have an issue loading limit of 5000 issues.
More info about that here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39140034

If this you're indeed receiving project limit warnings with much fewer than 100 projects then please create a support request here so we can track and investigate the problem:
https://support.atlassian.com

Thank you

Like Nidhi Gupta likes this
Mark Adams December 12, 2016

Hi @Rhys Christian, Nicole, @Jason Wyckoff, I did raise a bug for this but it seems we 'fixed' this by specifying the project/s in question.

So it seems the error is not based on the number of projects returned by the query, but by the number of potential projects returned by the query, which might explain why Jason gets the error with filter A and not filter B because the query includes "AND project not in..."

Marianne Phinney May 22, 2017

I got the same error with a filter that tapped only a single project although the project wasn't specified. When I specified the project, I didn't get the error.

Could the documentation be updated to reflect what's happening when you get this error?

0 votes
Andy Hurley July 9, 2018

I have a similar problem. I tried to set up a project to cover our Atlassian admin activities, the filter for this selects from all projects (in case someone creates something in the wrong project by accident to ensure we don't miss it) but it actually only has issues from about 5 projects in it.

I hit the same problem. We only have about 50 active issues in this filter and about 5 projects.

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2016

Hey Jason - The max number of projects is 100

Nidhi Gupta June 24, 2019

Hi @Rhys Christian - Does the project and issue limits still remains the same with Portfolio for JIRA V3.0? Please confirm!

0 votes
Jason Wyckoff September 19, 2016

I have the same issue, and would love to know the max number or how it comes with this message.  

Rikki Worsfold May 2, 2017

I have the same issue as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events