Portfolio not showing issues

Viktor Kuzmychov December 28, 2016

I'm evaluating JIRA Portfolio now, but I see strange behavior, e.g.:

1. I create a filter like "project = XYZ and fixversions is empty" and I get something like 4000 issues. But when I choose this filter as a source for my plan, I get only about 1000 issues. 
  2. If I choose a project as a source, and project has several thousand issues in plan I have no issues at all. Project does not have fixversions at all. If I add a fixversion to project and to issue, it appears in plan. But no issues without fixversion.

Can anyone help me with it? 

3 answers

1 vote
Viktor Kuzmychov December 29, 2016

Any ideas from anyone? 

0 votes
alexchaychenko January 4, 2017

If all your missing issues - in status Done - try use in filter - completion date.

0 votes
ChristianR December 29, 2016

First check that the filter in your plan includes both completed and open issues. Also check the filters for completion date and scheduled range so you make sure that all previously completed issues are shown.

Skärmavbild 2016-12-29 kl. 16.14.47.png

Then, check that all issues and releases are selected when you define your issue sources in your plan.

Finally, I think you need to make sure that the issues that are completed fulfill the following criteria, otherwise they might just get excluded from the plan when they are finished, instead of being considered as completed by portfolio and included in the progress of its parent issue:

• The closed issue is in a green status (status category = Done)
  • The closed issue is in a release (fixVersion) that has been set as released in JIRA and that is included in the plan.
  • If the closed issue was done by a Scrum team, it should have been closed in a sprint that has been set as completed

If issues are closed "outside" releases and sprints, I have noticed that they just disappear from the plan and I can't get them back, even if I have set the status and completion date filters to include previously closed issues.

Suggest an answer